Buying a Home in Atlanta, GA – Collette McDonald & Associates Offers the Expertise, Support, and Knowledge You Need
Why Collette McDonald & Associates?
- Collette McDonald & Associates was ranked as the #1 REALTOR® Team* from 2013-2018 and Titan Team** for 2015-2018.
- Over Collette’s career she has exceeded $300 million in real estate sales.
- Collette was the #1 Agent from 2013-2018*. During her entire Atlanta real estate career, Collette has consistently placed in the top 10% of all Atlanta Metro REALTORS®.
- Collette has a robust website and social media presence that is updated daily with news and events affecting the hyper local, local and national real estate scene.
- Collette is the voice of North Metro Atlanta and is a sought after expert on Real Estate by the AJC, Coffee with America, WSBTV, The Atlantan, and Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles Magazine.
- Collette has been featured as HGTV’s real estate expert for hit shows like Designed to Sell, My First Place and Bang For The Buck in Atlanta, Birmingham, Charleston and Savannah.
- Collette is a professional real estate coach with the nationally recognized Tim & Julie Harris® Real Estate Coaching, and was the Official REALTOR® to the Atlanta Falcons 2013-2016.
- Collette believes in giving back to her community. She has served for DeKalb County and the Board of Zoning Appeals for the district. Collette keeps her and her clients on the forefront of changes that could affect not only their current property values, but future values as well.
*with former RE/MAX Around Atlanta Realty Brokerage 2013-2018, **RE/MAX of Georgia for 2015-2018.
Home Buying Process
The home buying process has many steps, that’s why identifying the right REALTOR® to help is so important.
Getting Ready to Buy a Home?
- Contact a lender to understand your financial strategy.
- Select the neighborhoods and review the listing information on homes that interest you.
- Select a Buyer’s Agent.
Pre-approval Loan Programs:
Many buyers apply for a loan and obtain approval before they find the home they want to buy.
- Home buyers know whether or not they qualify.
- Once qualified, home buyers look at the right priced homes.
- Home buyers save money dealing with a comfortable seller.
- A pre-qualified buyer is a stronger bidder. You close quicker!
As your agent, Collette McDonalds & Associates will…
- Find the home that meets your needs. Our team will commit the time and resources needed to find exactly what you want, and will continue to search for the right home – at the right price, in the right neighborhood.
- Show you properties when you are available because we work as a team to make your schedule our schedule. We’ll also let you know immediately when something HOT hits the market that meets your criteria.
Benefits of a Buyer’s Agent:
Loyalty: Your Buyer’s Agent always works in your best interests.
Disclosure: Your Buyer’s Agent researches and discloses all relevant information to the buyer and keeps the buyer regularly informed.
Confidentiality: Your Buyer’s Agent will not disclose information provided by you to others without your consent.
Due Skill and Care: Your Buyer’s Agent aids in the negotiation of a reasonable and fair purchase price; he or she makes sure the purchase is completed in a timely and expedient manner.
Knowledge. The Buyer’s Agents at Collette McDonald & Associates know every nook and cranny of the Metro area.
Your Buyer’s Agent is your own “personal consultant”. Remember, your Buyer’s Agent represents you. It is your Buyer’s Agent’s goal to find you the perfect home at a price you can afford. It is important to keep an open mind and be flexible for house hunting trips. Most likely, we will find your new home in less than three appointments.
Please tell your Buyer’s Agent if and when you change your requirements and need to see additional properties.
Our Pledge to Home Buyers:
The Buyer’s Agents with Collette McDonald & Associates will:
- Counsel with you to determine the type and location of property that will meet your needs.
- Diligently search for the type and location of property that meets your needs.
- Email you all new listings the same day they hit the market.
- Exclusively represent YOU, the home buyer’s interests.
- Keep your financial information and price intentions confidential.
- Point out the strengths and weaknesses of various properties.
- Negotiate, exclusively on your behalf as the home buyer, the best possible purchase price, terms and other pertinent conditions.
- Offer an independent, professional written inspection of the property you select and quality home warranty as part of your purchase price.
- Give you our undivided trust, loyalty and confidence.
Additional Benefits of Working with Collette McDonald & Associates:
Home Protection Plan
As an additional benefit, we will have the sellers provide a home protection plan for you. Coverage is for one year and includes:
- Central heating system, electrical, central air system, interior plumbing
- Built-in appliances
- Electric pool equipment
- Plus other optional coverage
If the home you choose does not have a home protection plan, you can purchase coverage yourself. We will provide you with the information on available plans.
Home Buyers Guarantee
Collette McDonald & Associates Covers the Entire Metro Atlanta Area:
We work with any FMLS/GAMLS member
As a member of the multiple listings services, we can show you any property listed by any real estate company in the state. If you see an ad in the newspaper or sign in the yard, call your Buyer’s Agent. He/she will provide you with information and show you the property.
We work for you!
Note: When you come across a listing agent (the agent who represents the seller), please tell them that the professionals at Collette McDonald & Associates represent you.
We work with for-sale-by-owners
Homeowners selling their own property will work with Collette McDonald & Associates if we introduce you to the property. So, if you see a property that is for sale by owner, let us contact the owner and make an appointment for you.
We work with builders
Should you want to build your next home, we can expertly and exclusively represent your interests.
We will counsel with you to determine the type and location of property that will meet your needs throughout the Metro Atlanta area, and search diligently for the property that would be best suited.
We will keep your financial information and price intentions confidential, and
negotiate, exclusively on your behalf as the home buyer, the best possible purchase price, term and other pertinent conditions.
We will offer an independent, professional written inspection of the property you select and a quality home warranty as part of your purchase price.
How May We Assist You?
The professional team at Collette McDonald & Associates will guide you through the entire process of purchasing your new home. We will be delighted to talk with you in person about all the steps we outline on our site, as well as:
- Negotiate the contract.
- Discuss what to expect from a home inspection.
- Explain closing costs.
- Review financing clauses.
- Answer any other questions or concerns you may have.
Please contact us for any information. We look forward to working with you!
Collette McDonald & Associates
eXp Realty, LLC
Promenade II, 1230 Peachtree St NE
Atlanta, GA 30309