Homes for Sale in Dunwoody, GA
Homes for sale in Dunwoody, GA range from condos around the commercial & business Perimeter District, and townhomes and single family homes as you move farther away from interstate 285 – some communities even feature their own swimming pools and tennis courts. Dunwoody, GA was incorporated in 2008 and is located just outside “the perimeter” of interstate 285. It is northeast of Atlanta’s city center, and has some of the best public schools in DeKalb County. Dunwoody Village is the historic heart of the community and features distinctive Colonial Williamsburg architectural styles. The Perimeter Center and Perimeter Mall has fabulous shopping and dining. The Perimeter District is one of Atlanta’s largest job centers due to many American corporate headquarters being located here such as the InterContinental Hotels Group, Porsche and Walden Security.
Brook Run is the area’s renowned park and also is the largest in the region at 110 acres, features a wooded 2 mile walking trail loop, large children’s playground, dog park, skate park, event facilities and a community garden. Brook Run also hosts events year-round such as Dunwoody Lemonade Days Carnival & Festival in April.
Dunwoody Park is a 35-acre park that includes two baseball diamonds, a serene nature preserve with hiking trails and Wildcat Creek, as well as nature classrooms in the non-profit Dunwoody Nature Center.
Another non-profit organization that thrives at Dunwoody Park is the Dunwoody Senior Baseball – a diverse program including spring middle school league, summer college-age wood bat league, and year-round travel teams.
The Spruill Center for the Arts begun in 1975 and is a private, non-profit organization, whose mission is to foster understanding and appreciation of the visual arts, by offering a diverse program of classes, professional artist exhibition series and outreach programs for the community.
Another well-known feature in Dunwoody, GA is the prestigious Dunwoody Country Club, a private country club of 200+ acres consisting of golf, tennis, swimming, fitness room, event facilities including ballroom, restaurant and bar. The membership is only available by invitation, and the club regularly hosts charity events and youth activities for its members.
Dunwoody’s zip codes are 30338, 30346 and 30360. Some of the neighborhood and districts include:
- Dunwoody Village is the heart of Dunwoody, and the location of the Dunwoody Farmhouse. Dunwoody Village Shopping Center was built in the 1970s, and features the distinctive colonial Williamsburg style that all other construction in the area followed, giving Dunwoody a unique identity and charm.
- Perimeter Center is the neighborhood that has formed around Perimeter Mall. The mall was developed in 1971, and a boom of office, residential, and commercial developments grew around this hub. It is a huge job center for Atlanta, with many corporate offices located here. Perimeter mall is the second largest shopping mall in Georgia with over 158 stores & services. The western part of Perimeter Center spans the Fulton county line into Sandy Springs. Perimeter Center is located at the intersection of two major highways, GA 400 & I-285. The Dunwoody MARTA Transit Station provides public transportation to the district of approximately 3,545 passengers daily on a weekday.
- Georgetown was developed in the early 1960s. It is located near I-285 and borders with the city limits of Chamblee. Overdevelopment in Georgetown was one of the main reasons for the initiation of Dunwoody’s incorporation movement, and includes apartments and single-family homes in the area. Georgetown, one of the most walkable areas of the city, contains Georgetown Shopping Center and Georgetown Park.
- The Williamsburg commercial district is located on the eastern edge of Dunwoody, and includes Orchard Park Shopping Center, Mt. Vernon Shopping Center and the Williamsburg at Dunwoody Shopping Center for the area residents. The centralized dining and shopping covers the intersection of Mt. Vernon, Dunwoody Club Drive, and Jett Ferry Road. School bus pickup/transportation is located at Orchard Park Shopping Center to ease commuter worries to many of Atlanta’s best private schools.
- Winters Chapel is located at Dunwoody’s border with the city of Peachtree Corners. The district shares a name with its main road, which was originally named after the Winters Chapel Methodist Church which has been at its location since the 1870s. A linear park along DeKalb County’s Twin Lakes water reservoir on Peeler Road and Windwood Hollow Park that has tennis courts, playground, a pavilion, and a walking trail are popular with the Winters Chapel residents.
- Tilly Mill is named after the pioneer Tilly family, who owned a farm and mill on land bisected by Tilly Mill Road. The Dunwoody campus of Georgia State University’s Perimeter College and Dunwoody’s impressive Brook Run Park are located here.
Search below for a particular area or simply scroll the current homes for sale in Dunwoody, GA listed below: