Collette McDonald & Associates Offers the Expertise, Support, and Knowledge You Need When Selling a Home.
Why Collette McDonald & Associates?
- Collette McDonald & Associates is ranked as the #1 RE/MAX Around Atlanta REALTOR® Team from 2013-2017.
- In 2015, Collette McDonald & Associates completed 82 transactions that totaled more than $41M, and over Collette’s career she has exceeded $300 million in sales.
- Collette is the #1 RE/MAX Agent for RE/MAX Around Atlanta and ranked #6 of RE/MAX Teams in Georgia. During her entire Atlanta real estate career, Collette has consistently placed in the top 10% of all Atlanta Metro Agents.
- Collette has a robust website and social media presence that is updated daily with news and events affecting the hyper local, local and national real estate scene.
- Collette is the voice of North Metro Atlanta and is a sought after expert on Real Estate by the AJC, The Dunwoody Crier, The Brookhaven Reporter, WSBTV, The Atlantan, and Atlanta Homes & Lifestyles Magazine.
- Collette has been featured and continues to appear as HGTV’s real estate expert for hit shows like Designed to Sell, My First Place and Bang For The Buck in Atlanta, Birmingham, Charleston and Savannah.
- Collette has a professional stager/designer on staff to help her clients stage their home effectively and quickly. And, Collette will not put a home on the market without professional photos and optional HD video* of the home personally toured with Collette as the host.
- Collette continues her education in Real Estate by enrolling in programs with the nationally recognized Harris Real Estate University and is currently a graduate coaching student, which means she logs over 5 hours per week in her ongoing market studies.
- Collette believes in giving back to her community. She is currently serving as the District 1 Planning Commissioner for DeKalb County. Prior to serving as a planning commissioner, Collette served on the Board of Zoning Appeals for the district. This keeps her and her clients on the forefront of changes that could affect not only their current property values, but future values as well.
*Under 200K listings do not include video.
Selling Your Home. What to Look for When Selecting a REALTOR®?
Anyone can stick a “For Sale” sign in your front yard but in today’s real estate market, you want someone who can help you:
- Objectively review your home and offer suggestions.
- Help you accurately price your home based on real market data.
- Market your home professionally with the latest marketing activities including social media.
- Communicate with you every step of the way.
- Provide you with tips on how to make the most of “showing” your home.
- Guide you through the process of offers, negotiations, home inspections and closing.
Why Choose Collette McDonald & Associates?
Four key factors set us apart…
- Easy Exit Listing – You are in control of your listing. With Collette McDonald & Associates you can cancel your listing at any time.* If for any reason you are not 100% satisfied with our real estate services, if everything is not done exactly the way we promise it will be done, simply call us to let us know and we will cancel the listing.
- Flexible Fee Structure – Many agents have the same fees regardless of how much you’re involved with the sale. We’ve set up a flexible fee structure based on what services Collette McDonald & Associates handles for you.
- Communications Guarantee – We pride ourselves on communicating with our clients often, in a clear and honest manner. Please see our unique 9-point communications guarantee.
- Listing Plan of Action – After listing your home, Collette McDonald & Associates will actively market your home to get as many qualified buyers as possible into your home until it is sold. We will communicate with you the results of our activities weekly and assist you in negotiating the highest dollar value between you and the buyer.
*Some restrictions apply
Our Communications Guarantee
Clear and frequent communication between the client and the Seller’s Agent is crucial for a successful listing. At Collette McDonald & Associates:
- We guarantee we will provide feedback after showings to you within
48 hours (when available), via a Showing Suite report.
- We guarantee we will call you weekly to discuss feedback, showing traffic, market activity and price adjustments with regards to positioning your home on the market.
- We guarantee we will be available to receive your calls between 8 a.m. and 7 p.m. Monday through Friday, and 1 p.m. – 5 p.m. Saturday & Sunday.
- We guarantee we will return all phone calls prior to 7 p.m. daily, unless we are in negotiations whereby it may be later. Email or text us for an even quicker response.
- We guarantee that you will be kept informed regarding new homes that come on the market to compete with yours, as well as recent sales around you.
- We guarantee you will receive any brochures, websites, etc. to see how your home is being marketed.
- We guarantee we will update all agents and brokers in the area about your home.
- We guarantee that when buyers drive by your property, they will have information on your home available via text messaging 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- We guarantee that your home will have brochures and the seller’s disclosure available at all times.
What Happens Next? Getting Ready to List and Show Your Home.
Once your home is listed with Collette McDonald & Associates, you will hear from our professional stager to consult on how best to “show” your home. Then, your home will be photographed, sign and lockbox installed, posted on websites, social media and given a unique property ID.
A good showing is critical to marketing your home to potential buyers. Having your property available for showings is very important and we will make every attempt to accommodate your schedule when making showing requests. Our goal is to market your property with as little inconvenience to you as possible.
For general tips to help make your home ready for a showing, please refer to the Collette McDonald & Associates’ “Proven Home Selling System” guide you will receive once a listing agreement has been completed.
After a showing is complete, Collette McDonald & Associates follows a general procedure to receive feedback from the showing agent and/or potential buyers:
- An e-mail is sent to the showing agent the day following the showing.
- Repeated e-mails are sent to the showing agent until we receive feedback. If the agent does not respond after three requests, we assume that they have no feedback.
- As soon as feedback is received from the agent, an e-mail is sent to you.
- An e-mail is sent to Collette McDonald with feedback. That way Collette knows exactly what the feedback is when you do.
- You can access the feedback anytime, 24 hours a day on our secure website.
Setting the Price of Your Home. The Right Price Can Lead to a Quicker Sale.
The value of your property is determined by what a buyer is willing to pay in today’s market based on comparing your property to others sold in your area. Buyers always determine the value. Value is not based on what you paid for your home.
Setting the price of your home correctly is one of the most important elements of the home-selling process. An accurately priced home in the first five weeks of listing is critical. Homes that are not competitively priced will not get shown and homes that are not shown do not get sold.
If your home is priced close to its fair market value it has a 60% chance of selling quickly. Even a 5% increase over that amount can cut the chance of your home being sold quickly in half.*
*Based on National Association of REALTORS® statistics.
An Offer Is Made, Now What? Collette McDonald & Associates Offers Guidance Throughout the Journey.
When an offer is generated on your home we will do the following:
- Present the offer to you personally, by phone, fax and email.
- Have the cooperating broker share buyer qualifications.
- Go over every item in the contract with you so that you thoroughly understand what the buyers are offering and what they are asking for.
- Discuss all offers with you in private, after listening to the other agent.
We will also give you as much input as we can regarding current market and finance activity, other sales to date, competition and broker comments. Having reviewed hundreds of offers, we’ll use our expertise to help you evaluate every detail of the purchase offer and make sure you understand the terms and possible counteroffers.
Under Contract, Closing and Beyond. We’re Here to Help.
Once an offer is accepted, your home will be placed under contract. From that point on, Collette McDonald & Associates will guide you through the next steps, including a home inspection, title examination, timing, coordinating paperwork and the closing.
The closing is where the property is transferred from the seller to the purchaser and the buyer’s loan is finalized. This occurs once the loan is approved, title work is complete, and no problems prevent completion of the transaction. A closing in Georgia consists of all the parties to the transaction meeting to execute necessary documentation under the direction of an attorney chosen by the lender. Collette McDonald & Associates will be at the closing to help make the process go smoothly. Not all agents attend their client’s closing – be sure to ask when selecting a REALTOR®.
Once the property is sold, it’s time to coordinate your move. Millions of people move each year and most are successful. If you need moving tips or suggestions on how to select a moving company, we’re here to help.
If you need more information about Collette McDonald & Associates, read what our clients have to say.
Please contact us for any information. We look forward to working with you!
Collette McDonald & Associates
RE/MAX Around Atlanta
240 Sandy Springs Place
Atlanta GA 30328