Homes for Sale in Chamblee, GA
Homes for sale in Chamblee, GA range from condos, townhomes to single-family homes with up to a half acre lot. Chamblee boasts lower taxes for homeowners due to over 70% of Chamblee actually being commercial properties. Chamblee is north of the city of Atlanta, northeast of Brookhaven, and to the north is interstate 285 and neighboring Doraville, GA.
Chamblee started out as a high blue-collar area due to its location to the General Motors plant in neighboring Doraville as well as other manufacturing plants along Peachtree Industrial Blvd. By the 1980s the industrial and manufacturing businesses had either downsized or moved, and multi-ethnic businesses began to boom due to the city’s affordable housing. Chamblee, especially along Buford Highway is now known as the multi-cultural city where international bakeries, restaurant & grocery stores are abundant and flourishing. The private school St. Pius X High School is highly coveted in this area of Atlanta.
Some of the neighborhoods of Chamblee, GA are:
- Downtown Chamblee has been preserved – many of the buildings are historic vintage of the railroad era. Downtown Chamblee has had a prominent antique industry, but that is now changing due to significant commercial development since 2000, including lofts and townhomes. A new movie studio & live-work development has begun being built where the former GM plant used to stand, and is projected to bring a large amount of crew in from the Peachtree City area where most of the studio work is located currently. The Chamblee MARTA Station and City Hall are both located downtown.
- Sexton Woods is a mix of 1950’s ranch homes, becoming either renovated or torn down for new construction in the area. Sexton Woods is bordered by Chamblee-Dunwoody Road, Harts Mill Road and Ashford Dunwoody Road. Sexton Woods is also the home of Chamblee Middle School and Chamblee High School, which serves both Chamblee and Brookhaven area students.
- Keswick Village is adjacent to Sexton Woods, Keswick Village is next to Keswick Park in Chamblee which features lighted ballfields, playground, tennis & basketball courts.
- Clairmont Park primarily consists of residential neighborhoods along Clairmont Road near Peachtree Dekalb Airport south of Peachtree International Blvd.
- Huntley Hills is a neighborhood established in the early 1960s and Huntley Hills Elementary School is located in the middle and has both a Montessori program and a wide range of special needs programs for children ranging from high to low disorders.