Homes for Sale in Chamblee, GA
Homes for sale in Chamblee, GA range from condos, townhomes to single-family homes with up to a half acre lot. Chamblee boasts lower taxes for homeowners due to over 70% of Chamblee actually being commercial properties. Chamblee is north of the city of Atlanta, northeast of Brookhaven, and to the north is interstate 285 and neighboring Doraville, GA.
Chamblee started out as a high blue-collar area due to its location to the General Motors plant in neighboring Doraville as well as other manufacturing plants along Peachtree Industrial Blvd. By the 1980s the industrial and manufacturing businesses had either downsized or moved, and multi-ethnic businesses began to boom due to the city’s affordable housing. Chamblee, especially along Buford Highway is now known as the multi-cultural city where international bakeries, restaurant & grocery stores are abundant and flourishing. The private school St. Pius X High School is highly coveted in this area of Atlanta.
Chamblee’s zip code is 30341 and 30366, and some of the neighborhoods of Chamblee, GA are:
- Downtown Chamblee has been preserved – many of the buildings are historic vintage of the railroad era. Downtown Chamblee has had a prominent antique industry, but that is now changing due to significant commercial development since 2000, including lofts and townhomes. A new movie studio & live-work development has begun being built where the former GM plant used to stand, and is projected to bring a large amount of crew in from the Peachtree City area where most of the studio work is located currently. The Chamblee MARTA Station and City Hall are both located downtown.
- Sexton Woods is a mix of 1950’s ranch homes, becoming either renovated or torn down for new construction in the area. Sexton Woods is bordered by Chamblee-Dunwoody Road, Harts Mill Road and Ashford Dunwoody Road. Sexton Woods is also the home of Chamblee Middle School and Chamblee High School, which serves both Chamblee and Brookhaven area students.
- Keswick Village is adjacent to Sexton Woods, Keswick Village is next to Keswick Park in Chamblee which features lighted ballfields, playground, tennis & basketball courts.
- Clairmont Park primarily consists of residential neighborhoods along Clairmont Road near Peachtree Dekalb Airport south of Peachtree International Blvd.
- Huntley Hills is a neighborhood established in the early 1960s and Huntley Hills Elementary School is located in the middle and has both a Montessori program and a wide range of special needs programs for children ranging from high to low disorders.
Parks and Recreation in Chamblee, GA
The City of Chamblee is home to six neighborhood parks and one community park. Each park has different amenities like playgrounds, ball fields, barbecue grills, pavilions/picnic areas, walking trails and seating areas. For a list of all facilities in Chamblee, please click here: Chamblee Facilities
Canfield Park – 3090 Canfield Dr, Chamblee, GA 30341 – A 1 acre park located in the Ashford Park Neighborhood. The park is also close to Clairmont Park and the Peachtree-DeKalb Airport. The park opened in spring of 2018 and has a swing set made to look like a tree and park benches. There is also a creek that runs the length of the park on the north side. Google Maps
City Hall Park – 5468 Peachtree Rd, Chamblee, GA 30341 – In the center of Chamblee is City Hall, and its surrounding grounds feature benches, a covered gazebo and picnic tables. It is a favorite lunch spot for the office workers around the area. Google Maps
Clairmont Park – Clairmont Road, Chamblee, GA 30341 – Clairmont Park is a small rectangular neighborhood park located across Peachtree-DeKalb Airport on Clairmont Road. The park is 1.5 acres and has a toddler play area and park benches. Google Maps
Dresden Park – 2301 Dresden Dr, Chamblee, GA 30341 – Dresden Park is a 25 acre park located in the southeast area of Chamblee, which was annexed into the city in 2013. Its amenities include trails, multi-purpose field, soccer, picnic areas, playground, restrooms and parking. Google Maps
Huntley Hills Park – Longview Dr., Chamblee, GA 30341 – This park is located at the corner of Admiral Drive and Longview Drive. It features a playground, benches and a perimeter path. A steel bridge spans the creek and leads to a volunteer maintained “Butterfly Garden”. Google Maps
Keswick Park – 3496 Keswick Dr, Chamblee, GA 30341 – This is Chamblee’s largest park, covering more than 45 acres. Its facilities include community center, playground, walking trails, dog park, a full-size adult softball field, tee-ball field, soccer field, multi-purpose field, two tennis courts, and an outdoor basketball court. Picnic areas, gazebo, restrooms and parking are also available. Google Maps
Shallowford Park – 3096 Shallowford Place, Chamblee, GA 30341 – This east Chamblee park is 1.16 acres with a playground, picnic areas, open field and a walking trail. Google Maps
Village Park – 3375 Chamblee Dunwoody Rd, Chamblee, GA 30341 – This park has an ADA accessible playground, picnic tables and an open play area. Google Maps
Chamblee Police Department
Address: 3518 Broad St, Chamblee, GA 30341 Google Maps Phone: (770) 986-5005 (always dial 911 in case of emergency)
Chamblee Fire Station
DeKalb County is responsible for the City of Chamblee’s Fire Department – Fire Station #15. This station is located at 2107 Flightway Dr, Chamblee, GA 30341 – Google Maps. Their primary response is to serve the City of Chamblee and surrounding areas as well as Peachtree-DeKalb Airport. Fire Station #8 and #2 also serve portions of Chamblee.
For a list of all fire rescue stations in DeKalb County, please click here: DeKalb Fire Stations & Facilities
Northside Hospital Address: 1000 Johnson Ferry Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30342 Website
Emory Saint Josephs Hospital Address: 5665 Peachtree Dunwoody Rd, Atlanta, GA 30342 Website
Children’s Healthcare of Atlanta at Scottish Rite Hospital Address: 1001 Johnson Ferry Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30342 Website
North DeKalb Health Center Non-emergency health services including exams and immunizations for low-income, under-insured and uninsured. Address: 3807 Clairmont Rd NE, Chamblee, GA 30341 Website(always dial 911 in case of emergency)
Chamblee Post Office features many on-site services, please review website link for more information. Address: 3545 Broad St, Atlanta, GA 30341 Website
Chamblee MARTA is a train station in Chamblee, Georgia, serving the Gold Line of the Metropolitan Atlanta Rapid Transit Authority (MARTA) rail system. The station is bounded by New Peachtree Road on the East, Peachtree Road on the West and Chamblee Tucker road to the South. Chamblee has 1,713 daily parking spaces available for MARTA users which are located in paved parking lots. Address: 5200 New Peachtree Road, Chamblee, GA 30341 Website
Peachtree-DeKalb Airport has averaged 230,000 operations-takeoffs and landings-annually for more than thirty years and is operated by the local government of DeKalb County. PDK is the second-busiest airport in Georgia, behind only Hartsfield-Jackson. General aviation at PDK includes corporate jets, aircraft charters, flight lessons, aircraft maintenance, personal planes for business and recreation and helicopters. Address: 2000 Airport Road Administration Bldg. Room 212, Atlanta, GA 30341 Website
Chamblee Health and Fitness Locations
Chamblee promotes an active lifestyle of health with fitness facilities including boxing, cycling, martial arts, yoga, Pilates and weight training. Here are some links to facilities and fitness information below:
- Adrenaline Pilates Studio – 5498 Peachtree Blvd, Chamblee, GA 30341 – Pilates studio – Phone: (678) 557-5569
- breathe.Yoga Studio – 5300 Peachtree Road, Suite 1304, Chamblee, GA 30341 – Chamblee’s only mind-body studio offering yoga, Tai Chi, and Pilates classes. Phone: 404-673-0415 Website
- Club Pilates Brookhaven – 5001 Peachtree Blvd., Ste. 630, Chamblee, GA 30341 – A boutique Pilates studio specializing in reformer fusion classes for anyone, at any age or fitness level. Pure to Joseph Pilates’ original Reformer-based Contrology Method, but modernized with group practice and expanded state-of-the-art equipment. Website Phone: (678) 996-1986
- CrossFit Chamblee – 2050 Chamblee Tucker Road, Suite F, Chamblee, GA, 30341 – Crossfit classes (a combination of strength training, gymnastics, calisthenics, plyometrics, and cardio) from introduction to workout of the day (WOD) available. Website Phone: (865) 310-0604
- CrossFit Octopus – 3695 Longview Dr, Chamblee, GA 30341 – CrossFit workouts are comprised of constantly varied functional movements, such as pushing/pulling/squatting/lifting, executed at high intensity. Website Phone: (678) 368-4331
- CrossFit Valitus – 5463 B Peachtree Road, Chamblee, GA 30341 – Crossfit classes (a combination of strength training, gymnastics, calisthenics, plyometrics, and cardio) from introduction to workout of the day (WOD) and FIT available. All members have access to Dynamo Swim Club. Website Phone: (404) 620-1795
- Crunch Fitness – Chamblee – 5508 Peachtree Industrial Blvd, Chamblee, GA 30341- Offers crunch personal training, functional group training, weights, cardio, yoga, zumba®, crunch live!, tanning, trx®, suspension training and hydromassage®. Website Phone: (470) 359-4499
- Dynamo Swim Center – 3119 Shallowford Rd. NE, Chamblee, GA 30341 – Indoor swimming for all ages, team competition, lap swim, water aerobics and arthritis water exercise classes available. The Chamblee Swim Center houses two indoor pools, one outdoor pool, club administrative offices, a conference room, weight room, multi-sport room, and an outdoor turf training field. Website Phone: 770-457-7946
- Elite Edge Fitness – 3550 Broad St, Suite G, Chamblee, GA 30341 – Workout center offering athletic, bootcamp-style classes, including circuit training and kickboxing. Website Phone: (770) 695-0663
- Saraiva MMA Atlanta – 3695 Longview Dr Suite A, Chamblee, GA 30341 – Mixed Martial Arts classes combining both the striking (Boxing and Muay Thai) and grappling (submission/Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, wrestling) arts to produce the ultimate system of combat sport and self-defense. Website Phone: (678) 368-4331
Shopping and Dining
Chamblee is growing daily with new development. Peachtree Road connects Chamblee to both Brookhaven and Buckhead’s upscale dining & boutique shops, plus Lenox Square Mall and Phipps Plaza. This road also is the hub to two NEW hot spots: Parkview on Peachtree and Peachtree Station. Parkview on Peachtree is a mixed-use development with new restaurants, shops and residences. Across the street is Peachtree Station with a Whole Foods, Starbucks and more on the corner of Peachtree Rd & Johnson Ferry Rd. Take Peachtree Blvd northeast and you will find car dealerships, body shops & service departments for almost any vehicle. Hopping on to I-285 is a cinch from Peachtree Blvd, or continue northwest onto Peachtree Industrial Blvd for easy access to Norcross, Duluth and Johns Creek. Just south parallel to Peachtree Blvd is the multi-ethnic Buford Highway which features international markets, restaurants, shopping and businesses. The markets and restaurants are often featured on Travel & Food TV networks, and have become a popular destination for visitors on business or vacation to the Atlanta area over the past years.
The history of Buford Highway
Buford Highway Farmer’s Market – 5600 Buford Hwy NE, Doraville, GA 30340 Website Spacious market with a global and ethnic focus in the selection of produce, meats and seafood. Visited/aired on multiple TV shows on the Travel Channel – see a clip here with the late Anthony Bourdain.
Plaza Fiesta – 4166 Buford Hwy NE, Atlanta, GA 30345 Website The mall contains a large supermarket (“farmers market”), several large discount stores, and a large space filled with over 140 small vendors, modeled on a Mexican mercado. The mall attracts shoppers from as far as North Carolina, Alabama and Tennessee.
Parkview on Peachtree – 5070 Peachtree Blvd, Chamblee, GA 30341 – Website Parkview on Peachtree is a mixed-use development, incorporating the surrounding greenspace, mass transit, park and fitness trails into a diverse blend of retail, office and residential space. Restaurants include: Big Daddy’s Burger Bar, Chronic Tacos, Poké Bar and The Alden.
Peachtree Station – 5001 Peachtree Blvd, Chamblee, GA 30341 – Peachtree Station includes the Whole Foods Market, mixed-use offices, shopping and restaurants: Chipotle Mexican Grill, Taqueria Del Sol, Starbuck’s, MOD Pizza, Menchie’s Frozen Yogurt and Zoe’s Kitchen.
Primary and Secondary Schools
The DeKalb County School System serves Chamblee, GA 30341. Type in the address to find out which school zone a home is located in: DeKalb County School Locator
- Huntley Hills Elementary School, a public Montessori school | Address: 2112 Seaman Cir, Chamblee, GA 30341 | Phone: (678) 676-7402
- Dresden Elementary School | Address: 2449 Dresden Dr, Chamblee, GA 30341 | Phone: (678) 676-7202
- Montgomery Elementary School | Address: 3995 Ashford Dunwoody Rd, Brookhaven, GA 30319 | Phone: (678) 676-7502 (Brookhaven)
- Ashford Park Elementary School | Address: 2968 Cravenridge Dr NE, Brookhaven, GA 30319 | Phone: (678) 676-6702 (Brookhaven)
- Montclair Elementary School | Address: 1680 Clairmont Pl NE, Brookhaven, GA 30329 | Phone: (678) 874-7302 (Brookhaven)
Kittredge Magnet School for High Achievers Awarded National Blue Ribbon School for 2018 | Address: 1663 E Nancy Creek Dr, Brookhaven, GA 30319 | Phone: (678) 874-6602
- Chamblee Middle School | Address: 3601 Sexton Woods Dr, Chamblee, GA 30341 | Phone: (678) 874-8202
- Sequoyah Middle School (Serves a section of southern Chamblee) | Address: 2702, 3456 Aztec Rd, Doraville, GA 30340 | Phone: (678) 676-7902
- Chamblee Charter High School | Address: 3688 Chamblee Dunwoody Rd, Chamblee, GA 30341 | Phone: (678) 676-6902
- Cross Keys High School (Serves a section of southern Chamblee) | Address: 1626 N Druid Hills Rd NE, Brookhaven, GA 30319 | Phone: (678) 874-6102
St. Pius X Catholic High School | Address: 2674 Johnson Rd NE, Atlanta, GA 30345 | Phone: (404) 636-3023
DeKalb County Public Library operates the Chamblee Branch Website | Address: 4115 Clairmont Rd, Chamblee, GA 30341 | Phone: (770) 936-1380
Embry Hills Library is located in Chamblee, GA. Website | Address: 3733 Chamblee-Tucker Road, Chamblee, GA 30341 | Phone: (770) 270-8230
Search below for a particular area or simply scroll the current homes for sale in Chamblee, GA listed below: